Kolab Web 3 and UID

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sat Nov 24 13:52:38 CET 2012

On 2012-11-23 21:40, Scott Newton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got Kolab 3 up and running on Debian Wheezy and am currently
> setting up
> the users before migrating the imap data across from Kolab 2.4 and
> this was
> where I hit an issue.
>
> When you create a user the UID is automatically assigned to be the
> surname and
> this is the name that is used to log into Roundcube.

Roundcube, by default, with the courtesy of the kolab_auth plugin,
should actually allow the user to log in with;

- the uid ('doe')
- the primary email address ('john.doe at example.org') or only the local
part ('john.doe')
- the secondary email address(es) ('jdoe at example.org',
'doe at example.org') or only the local part ('jdoe', 'doe')

> If you edit the surname the UID changes. Is there anyway to decouple
> these two. I have existing users who would like to be able to login
> to Roundcube using their current user names.

If you set "auto_fields_admin_rw = true" in the kolab_wap section of
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf, while the value would still be automatically
generated, you would at least be able to supply different values. See
also [1].

For email addresses, I would like to refer you to [2].

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Kolab_Web_Administration_Panel.html#sect-Administrator_Guide-Kolab_Web_Administration_Panel-Editing_user_types
[2]
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Configuring_the_Kolab_Server.html#sect-Administrator_Guide-Recipient_Policy

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG