Kolab 2.4 on Mageia

Richard ml at radoeka.nl
Wed May 16 20:47:10 CEST 2012

Op woensdag 16 mei 2012 13:30:59 schreef Jeroen van Meeuwen:
> Still doesn't make sense... but I'll speculate a couple of lines of thought
> on the matter of 389 Directory Server vs. OpenLDAP.

Speculated correctly.

Skipped a good explanation.
> I'm closing in, but OpenLDAP is lacking a couple of features. It doesn't
> seem to support persistent search control, and the syncrepl module isn't
> loaded by default (the latter impacts setup significantly).

But the can syncrepl module be loaded by default?  If I'm not mistaken, this
is configurable.

> Long story short; OpenLDAP support is definitely on the roadmap. So is
> Active Directory support, and support for SQL authentication and
> authorization databases, and PAM support. OpenLDAP is at the top of my
> list.

openldap support is appreciated; not all linux distributions provide the 389
DS ldap server.  Do you think that openldap can be used in kolab-3.0?

--
Richard