Installation of Kolab 2.4 on Centos 6.2

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Thu May 10 15:48:39 CEST 2012

Am Thursday 10 May 2012 14:28:59 schrieb Nazeer:
> I Don’t understand how something can be blocking port 80... before doing the
> setup, I checked if anything was running on port 80 and there was nothing
> running
>
> I then get the error... its on a fresh Centos 6.2 install
>
> The first time its starts httpd fine, then it stops and starts it again and
> that’s when the error appears...

Yes, the error occurs because httpd did not really stop - notice that "failed" already appears when httpd should stop. Then, obviously, port 80 is still blocked and if you try to start httpd again, it does not work. The "quick and dirty" way that might resolve a one-time failure in httpd is to reboot, that's why I suggested to try that first.

Regards
Heiner