Installation of Kolab 2.4 on Centos 6.2

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Thu May 10 10:10:15 CEST 2012

Am Thursday 10 May 2012 09:13:51 schrieb Nazeer:
> Hi There
>

> I am having a problem with my Centos 6.2 installation of Kolab. I followed
> the steps below:
>

> Installed Centos 6.2 on HyperV with net install and selected Basic Server
>
> Installed Linux Intergration to get HyperV tools to work
>

> Followed this guide:
> http://www.kolab.org/howto/quick-howto-kolab-24-centos-62
>

> When running the kolab setup, I get the following errors:
>
> setup-kolab
>

> Administrator password [M5J1Rw0NM1DODxP]:
>
> Directory Manager password [rEc-yzCT7zJdqX6]:
>
> User [nobody]:
>
> Group [nobody]:
>
> Shutting down dirsrv:
>
>     webmail...                                             [  OK  ]
>
> Starting dirsrv:
>
>     webmail...                                             [  OK  ]
>
> Cyrus Administrator password [BfoJLgzJhVS60zr]:
>
> Kolab Service password [M9Rjasg7ydw3MzL]:
>
> Shutting down postfix:                                     [  OK  ]
>
> Starting postfix:                                          [  OK  ]
>
> Starting mysqld:                                           [  OK  ]
>
> MySQL root password [tHQcX9hNcGr_fKC]:
>
> MySQL roundcube password [9xp4CHYFVpKJDse]:
>
> Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
>
> Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
>
> Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
>
> Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
> address [::]:80
>
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

> Unable to open logs
>
>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
>
> Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
> address [::]:80
>
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

> Unable to open logs
>
>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> Shutting down cyrus-imapd:                                 [FAILED]
>
> Starting cyrus-imapd:                                      [  OK  ]
>
> Stopping kolab-saslauthd:                                  [FAILED]
>
> Starting kolab-saslauthd:                                  [  OK  ]
>
> Starting kolabd:                                           [  OK  ]
>

> Can anyone assist please? I am trying to install on a clean Centos 6.2
> install
>

> Regards
>
> Nazeer

I had a very similar issue, I was able to resolve it by rebooting the machine.
When you reboot, I think you need to start the kolabd process manually as at least in my test installation, it does not start automatically. Do this by issuing
/etc/init.d/kolabd start
as root after booting.

Regards
Heiner