kolab on CentOS 6.2

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun May 6 20:07:39 CEST 2012

On Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:49:52 AM Christian Tardif wrote:
> On 26/04/2012 09:16, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 08:10:51 PM Coert Waagmeester wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Following the Installation with RPM documentation, I added the epel
> > > repository on an x86_64 CentOS 6.2 installation, but I cannot find any
> > > packages for kolab?
> > >
> > > Am I using the wrong repository?
> >
> > The installation instructions also point you to the Kolab repository
> > configuration packages you should install. See Procedure 3.3 at
> > http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/2.4/html/Community_Installatio
> > n_Guide/chap-Community_Installation_Guide-Installation.html#sect-Community
> > _Installation_Guide-Installation_with_RPM_Packages
>
> I have the exact same problem. Followed instructions carefully, but no
> kolab installation possible. I then activated development package, and
> finally been able to install kolab with "yum install kolab".  But
> nothing works after that: No setup-kolab (from section 4.1), no
> bootstrapping possible (no kolabsrv), no service script, no kolabctl.

Hi there,

if you guys update, you should be getting installed
pykolab-0.4.0-1.el6.kolab_2.4.

This version of pykolab includes setup-kolab, which in part uses Augeas (for
postfix settings) and in part uses Cheetah templates (for those configuration
files Augeas doesn't have a lens for).

I would like you to tell me how well, if at all, this works for you.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG