evolution-kolab and android sync

Christian Hilberg hilberg at kernelconcepts.de
Wed May 2 17:32:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am Mittwoch 02 Mai 2012, um 15:33:56 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):
> On 2012-05-02 14:19, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> > What a coincidence, I think you're speaking to two of the most
> > experienced packagers within the Fedora realm ;-)
> >

> It seems that indeed evolution builds perfectly fine on Fedora - just
> Fedora 17 (which was rawhide still at the beginning of this thread).

> - f17 build of evolution-data-server,
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=315119
> - f17 build of evolution,
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=315118
>
> I'll investigate whether or not that includes evolution-kolab or not.

As opposed to *some* of the available groupware plugins for Evolution,
evolution-kolab is not part of Evolution-Data-Server (E-D-S), but is a
separate plugin (as are a number of other major groupware plugins). However,
once E-D-S and Evolution are built and installed, evolution-kolab should
build, install and run just fine.

If anyone wants to test evolution-kolab, I urge them to carefully read
the evolution-kolab user manual (available under [0]). Though it was
written for version 2.30, almost all of the information therein still
holds true for version 3.4.x.

Kind regards,

	Christian

[0] https://live.gnome.org/Evolution/Kolab?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=evolution-kolab_user-manual_v1.3.pdf

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48