evolution-kolab and android sync

Christian Hilberg hilberg at kernelconcepts.de
Wed May 2 12:32:48 CEST 2012

Hello Hugo,

just in order avoid you drawing wrong conclusions, I would like to
rectify some statements below:

Am Montag 23 Januar 2012, um 14:32:45 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> On Thursday 30 June 2011 13:38:50 Hugo Roy wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've got a couple of questions about Kolab.
> >
> > Right now I'm using Fedora, and I can't install (nor compile from
> > sources) evolution-kolab. So, is there anything planned for Fedora
> > users? Otherwise, I'll just wait until I switch back to Debian.
>
> evolution-kolab is not working and will not build on Fedora.

While evolution-kolab may still have some weaknesses, it has been
properly working, tested and used since late summer 2011.
It sure will build on Fedora, if someone experienced in packaging will
take the effort.

> Development happened on Evolution 2.28 and later switched to 2.30.

> Fedora on the other hand comes with 2.32 (Fedora 14)., 3.0.3 (F15) or
> 3.2.x (F16).

Development initially happened for GNOME / Evolution 2.30 and switched
to 3.3 in December 2011.
evolution-kolab is part of the Evolution source distribution since the
release of 3.4, see [0].

Note that Evolution / Evolution-Data-Server 3.4.x are required to build
the corresponding 3.4.x release of evolution-kolab. There is no way to
mix and match different releases of Evolution, E-D-S and evolution-kolab,
and still get a working software stack. This means that Evolution/E-D-S
versions 2.32.x as well as 3.0.x and 3.2.x are not supported by
evolution-kolab.

> For more details, please refer to the evolution-kolab mailing list at
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-kolab-devel-list

Yes, this is the correct location to adress evolution-kolab development.
The evolution-kolab Wiki page [1] also has helpful bits of information.

Kind regards,

	Christian

[0] http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/download.shtml
[1] https://live.gnome.org/Evolution/Kolab

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48