x32 to x64 convertion, Cyrus issue with annotations

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Mar 12 09:20:49 CET 2012

On 2012-03-11 17:39, ABBAS Alain wrote:
> Hello

Hi Alain,

> on the x32 bit system (tried with 2.2.2 2.2.4 2.3.4 ?)
> we export annotation.db
> db_dump /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db > annotations.db.txt
>
> and on th x64 system we import the annotations (after all steps done)
>
> by :
> db_load -f annotations.db.txt annotations.db
> chown kolab-r:kolab-r annotations.db
> chmod 600 annotations.db
>
> All seems ok but when you display the annotation with cyradm or IMAP
> command
> the 4 firsts characters f the annotations are missing
> event.default becomes t.default.
>
> Tried many time and all the time the 4 first charaters are missing ,
> i had to make a script with cyradm to restore
> them the first time.
>
> Any ideas, somebody experienced that ?

Could you try and use the Cyrus native export tool?

On the 32-bit system:

  $ /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb /path/to/annotations.db berkeley
/path/to/annotations.txt flat

On the 64-bit system (copy the annotations.txt file to it of course):

  $ /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb /path/to/annotations.txt flat
/path/to/annotations.db berkeley

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--