Howto restore Server with akonadi data?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Fri Mar 2 23:35:33 CET 2012

Am Freitag 02 März 2012, 21:16:35 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Thursday 01 March 2012, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag 01 März 2012, 23:05:28 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I had the challenge to restore mail-data from local backup to a
> > > (IMAP)-server.
> >
> > ups, wrong mailing list - but the IMAP server IS of course a Kolab
> > server - and maybe a Kolab + Kontact User has already a fine
> > solution for my challenge
>
> Do I understand correctly that you've lost the mail-data on the IMAP
> server and therefore want to restore it from the Akonadi cache on the
> client?

So far I have not lost mail, but I would like to know if I could reuse Akonadi
cache as restore data. As every client has daily backups this can be a
interesting second source for data restoring. In the past I had a restore
strategy from old kmail. When upgrading the clients to a newer KDE and kmail2
in the future I would like to know now how to improve/change these kind
strategies. Therefor I start this challenge.

BTW, I restored mail for an account with older server backup data missing the
~20 latest mails, run cyrreconstruct, copied the "lost mails" from Akonadi as
described and rerun cyrreconstruct. Now in Horde-webmail "sort by date" is
broken but all mails are there.

Bye

  Thorsten