My Kolab 2.4 experience on Centos 6

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Jul 18 03:42:11 CEST 2012

After wasting my time with installing Kolab 2.4 in a Centos container under
Proxmox, I finally switched to installing under a full KVM version of Centos.
The install went as expected when following the instructions, with the
following additions:

1. I had to manually create the localhost.pem file that was expected by postfix
to initiate TLS connections.

2. I had to configure postfix to use a smarthost and also handle the sasl
authentication for the smarthost (I had to do the authentication part in the
previous version of Kolab as well).

The main problem I am having right now is with z-push.  When I point my
devices to the server, they are constantly telling me the password is wrong.
I have tried with an iPad and also just using a web browser on my PC.  With
the PC, I get the username/password dialog which also tells me the password is
incorrect.  I don't have any logs or debug information being generated.  Like
previous versions, I am using my email address as the username.  When I cancel
the login attempt, I get an error webpage from z-push (Version 1.5.5-790) that
the username or password is incorrect.  Any help in this area would be greatly
appreciated.

Logging in with IMAP works just fine, as does sending email.

The final problem I will need to deal with is transferring old emails from my
live 2.3 install to this one.  I have come across a tool called imapsync that
I plan to try.