Kolab + CentOS + dirsrv

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Jul 18 02:05:13 CEST 2012

After some more testing, I found that I got that error when using Centos 6 in
a vz container or Proxmox.  The problem went away when using a proper KVM.

On Monday, July 09, 2012 04:02:34 PM Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 02:57:10 PM Ulrich Oestreicher wrote:
> I have a problem when installing Kolab 2.4 on CentOS 6.2
> The installtion I've done as recommended by
>
> # rpm -Uvh
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-6.noarch.rp
> m # rpm -Uvh
> http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/redhat/kolab-2.4/el6/release/i386/kolab-2.4-c
> ommunity-release-6-1.el6.kolab_2.4.noarch.rpm # yum
> --enablerepo=kolab-2.4-updates-testing update pykolab
> # yum install kolab
> # setup-kolab
>
> The service "dirsrv" starts not.
> In the log file is:
> Failed to create semaphore for stats file (/
> var/run/dirsrv/slapd-<hostname>. stats) Error 13 (Permission denied)
> Rights of the file = rw-r-r nobody nobody
> A change of the rights brought no success
>
> Can someone help me?

Have you verified SELinux is not enforcing the targeted policy, as documented
in the "Preparing the System" part of the installation chapter?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG