evolution-kolab and android sync

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jan 23 14:32:45 CET 2012

On Thursday 30 June 2011 13:38:50 Hugo Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a couple of questions about Kolab.
>
> Right now I'm using Fedora, and I can't install (nor compile from
> sources) evolution-kolab. So, is there anything planned for Fedora
> users? Otherwise, I'll just wait until I switch back to Debian.

evolution-kolab is not working and will not build on Fedora. Development
happened on Evolution 2.28 and later switched to 2.30. Fedora on the other
hand comes with 2.32 (Fedora 14)., 3.0.3 (F15) or 3.2.x (F16).

For more details, please refer to the evolution-kolab mailing list at
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-kolab-devel-list

> Another thing, I've got a Nexus S. It's my first email-capable phone so
> I'm kind of lost. I've added an account with the ActiveSync settings I
> found on the wiki. I only managed to get emails through that (though I
> use imap with K9 Mail) and not Agenda and Tasks. Did I miss something?

K9 Mail has nothing to do with the ActiveSync settings. The ActiveSync account
settings are only used by the preinstalled android apps (mail, contacts and
calendar).

Regards,
Christoph

--