Nokia N9 and z-push/ActiveSync how to redirect "Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync"

Greg Conway gconway at gmlnt.com
Mon Feb 20 18:03:31 CET 2012

Hi Johannes,

I'm only a Kolab n00b, but I did have lots of issues (using Kolab 2.2.4)
trying to get that URL to work.

Eventually I upgraded to 2.3.4, where the URL worked by default, and it does
that using this line inside z-push.conf -

Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /kolab/var/kolab/www/z-push/index.php

And that works fine for me, straight out of the box.

Whilst using 2.2.4, this also worked for me -

cd /kolab/var/kolab/www/
ln -s z-push Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

and also (with 2.2.4) this worked for me -

# within /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/httpd.conf.template -
# look for: Alias /public-cal/ics
"/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/kronolith/ics_kolab.php"
# add this line after the above: Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
"/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/rpc.php"
# then run /kolab/sbin/kolabconf

So hopefully one of them will help you! :)

hth,

Greg.