Issues with Kolab integration with another Apache server

Mikael Schmidt mikael.schmidt at ashi.cc
Mon Feb 13 20:41:29 CET 2012

Hi,

I have installed Kolab on top of my Debian installation from OpenPKG
using the information provided on kolab.org. Because I only have 1
external IP adress and am unable to get any more, I need to use
Virtual Hosts. I can set this up on the Apache built from the OpenPKG
packages, however I am lacking mysql support in the version of PHP
provided so I decided to install Apache from the Debian repo by using
apt-get and setting upp Virtual Hosts there instead, especiallt since
I saw a guide on kolab.org how to achieve this
(http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab2_Integration_with_another_running_apache_server),
and have followed this.

However, it doesn't quite work all the way. Here's the issue, when I
log in to Horde I'm getting redirected to the internal IP:81 specified
as proxy url. The /admin path works properly, which basically means
that once I'm on the internal network I can use Horde but as soon as
I'm outside it doesn't work.

Any ideas how I can remedy this?