Looking for input from Kontact users

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Mon Feb 6 10:13:14 CET 2012

On Friday 9 December 2011 08:27:34 Markus Fendt wrote:
> the problems sound the same we have in the past.
> Setup now:
>
> - kontact e35 special build running on ubuntu 10.04 lts under gnome.
> - home folders mounted via NFS on workstation
> - 170 users
> - wrapper script for kontact (fixed many problems)
> 	* set kde-Home on lokal disk / RAMDISK(very fast and stable)
>         * sync .kde3 only every minute back to NFS (backup reason)
> 	* with this setup we have no more crashes (problem always  was
> writing/reading  .kmailrc over NFS)

Would you mind sharing that script (or scripts) - off-list if you prefer? I'd
be curious as to how you have solved this part. We were using a similar
set-up in the past, but this whole "NFS $HOME + some parts local" proved
rather flaky at the time, hence, we went back to NFS-only - with the
corresponding performance penalty plus all sorts of vague problems as
described earlier.

> - in the moment only IMAP Setup

So, no groupware functionality?

Cheerio & thanks for the input,