kolab 3 with multiple domains

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Dec 20 02:18:35 CET 2012

On 2012-12-18 13:44, Chris Fleming wrote:
> Hi, I currently host email across a few domains mostly for friends
> and family. I'm looking a replacing my current homebrew (postfix,
> courier, roundcube, postfixadmin, mysql) system and kolab looks ideal.
> Ideally I would like each domain to be independant with one or 2 users
> assigned with permissions to add or remove users from just inside this
> domain. Users login using their full e-mail addresses so
> canonification shouldn't be an issue here.
>
> I have kolab 3 up and running on Centos and things work fine for my
> "Primary Domain", I have added a domain using the web interface
> (Domains -> add domain) and have added a section for this domain into
> kolab.conf
>
> Now when I login, I can see the and have choosen the new domain from
> the top right hand corner, but when I go to try and add a user, the
> e-mail addresses generated are for the right domain, but I can't
> change the Organisational Unit from my primary domain. This means that
> the users only appear under the "primary domain".

Hi Chris,

your definition of what you wants perfectly fits the bill of running
"Hosted Kolab" - multiple, isolated domains, each of them with one or
two administrators assigned.

I take it you have looked over our documentation[1], but I reckon it
neglects to mention the fact it also needs a new section in
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf for the new domain.

The options available in such a section are all of the options also
available in the [ldap] section, as well as the options available in the
section that currently describes your primary domain.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Hosted_Kolab_Groupware_Setup.html