kolab 3 with multiple domains

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Tue Dec 18 13:44:51 CET 2012

Hi, I currently host email across a few domains mostly for friends and family. I'm looking a replacing my current homebrew (postfix, courier, roundcube, postfixadmin, mysql) system and kolab looks ideal. Ideally I would like each domain to be independant with one or 2 users assigned with permissions to add or remove users from just inside this domain. Users login using their full e-mail addresses so canonification shouldn't be an issue here.

I have kolab 3 up and running on Centos and things work fine for my "Primary Domain", I have added a domain using the web interface (Domains -> add domain) and have added a section for this domain into kolab.conf

Now when I login, I can see the and have choosen the new domain from the top right hand corner, but when I go to try and add a user, the e-mail addresses generated are for the right domain, but I can't change the Organisational Unit from my primary domain. This means that the users only appear under the "primary domain".

I'm guessing that I'm missing something obvious, and I can see other people asking similar questions but can't find a simple solution.

Cheers
Chris