Mail loop

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Dec 12 18:11:37 CET 2012

On 2012-12-12 13:48, Sebastian Albrink wrote:
> I did not mention that there is no local delivery of that email.

I suspected as much though ;-)

> It just gets send back to the original destination.
> The /var/log/maillog snippets are attached to this message.

So this is clearly wallace submitting the message back to postfix and
it communicating with postfix something that is unintended - namely the
original "To:" as the recipient, instead of the intended recipient.

Since wallace does resource management only at the moment, you might be
best helped for *now* by disabling it:

In /etc/postfix/master.cf, adjust the line that says:

       -o content_filter=smtp-wallace:[127.0.0.1]:10026

to:

     -o content_filter=

and restart postfix.

I'd appreciate if you would log a ticket against wallace on
https://issues.kolab.org, so I can work on resolving the issue when I'm
done with the other work I'm doing right now.

> Thanks for helping.

You're welcome!

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen