Kolab 3.0 with Debian Wheezy

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Dec 4 10:57:58 CET 2012

On 2012-12-04 07:42, Stefan Fröhlich wrote:
> On 4/12/2012 2:09 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
>> The output of "kolab lm" would be more useful.
>>
>> If your mailbox doesn't exist, restarting kolabd may be necessary.
>> IIRC, on Debian that is /etc/init.d/kolab-server.
>>

> Hi Jeroen,

Hi Stefan,

I would appreciate if you continued to keep the mailing list copied on
your replies to my replies.

> the output of kolab lm is not useful in this case because it is
> exactly the same as on the CentOS box:
>
> user/some at some.some
> (...snip...)
> user/someother at some.some
> (...snip...)

The output is useful in that it validates the mailbox for
stefan at abcde.com.au does in fact exist.

It leads me to conclude that while your login is successful, the
username is not canonified to the appropriate result attribute value
correctly.

Could you let us know what the 'mail' attribute value for the user
stefan looks like (in LDAP), and whether or not logging in with
stefan at abcde.com.au (rather then 'stefan') works (if indeed that is what
you are doing)?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen