Kolab 2.4 LDAP died after mailmigration

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Aug 16 16:12:13 CEST 2012

On Monday, August 06, 2012 09:56:50 PM Sven Gehr wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 5. August 2012, 13:37:59 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen:
>
> I have kill the vm an install new: centos+kolab3.0. With this version (I
> know it is a alpha) I have new problems. In the webadmin can't add/edit
> domains. I klick submit and get a popup success but I can't see the new
> domain.
>
> The primary domain is local.lan. Here I can add a new domain (new line).
> After edit and add the domain stedry.de here I can't add the secondary
> mailadress michael at stedry.de in the user-edit.

Hi Sven,

not being able to add a new domain is a known problem that has been resolved
as per the latest kolab-webadmin release (version 3.0.0).

To fix the existing domain names you've added already, check out the result of
the following query;

$ ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w $password -b
"cn=kolab,cn=config" "(objectclass=domainrelatedobject)"

You will notice your new domain is not included in the list. Fix this with:

export domain=$yourdomain
(
  echo "dn: associateddomain=$domain,cn=kolab,cn=config"
  echo "objectclass: top"
  echo "objectclass: domainrelatedobject"
  echo "associateddomain: $domain"
  echo ""
) | ldapadd -x -h localhost -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w $yourpassword

As for the editing of email addresses for users, there's two things you need
to know;

- A recipient policy is applied by default. This recipient policy is
configured with primary_mail and secondary_mail settings in the [$domain]
section of /etc/kolab/kolab.conf.

- This recipient policy is applied both by the webadmin as well as the Kolab
daemon.

- The mail and alias attribute form fields are both configured to be
prepopulated and non-optional (for the Kolab User and mail-enabled POSIX user
types).

You can disable the recipient policy by removing the primary_mail and
secondary_mail settings from /etc/kolab/kolab.conf, and free up the form
fields in the web administration panel by setting 1) editing the user_type
definition, and/or 2) setting admin_auto_fields_rw in the [kolab_wap] section
in the /etc/kolab/kolab.conf configuration file.

For more information, please also see:

  http://docs.kolab.org/en-
US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-
Kolab_Web_Administration_Panel.html

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--