kolab 3.0 alpha error during setup-kolab

Dirk Werner dwerner at curiousbits.de
Thu Aug 16 11:01:31 CEST 2012

On 08/15/2012 09:20 PM, Dirk Werner wrote:
> On 08/15/2012 09:13 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

>>> Hi Jeroen,
>>> this did go much further than the first try, it did hang at one point,
>>> so I had to cancel the process. Here's the content of the file
>>> setup-kolab.log:
>>>
>>> (...snip...)
>>> Setup is now going to set up the 389 Directory Server. This may take a
>>> little
>>> while (during which period there is no output and no progress indication).
>>>
>>> 2012-08-15 19:08:17,138 pykolab.setup INFO Setting up 389 Directory Server
>>> 2012-08-15 19:08:30,389 pykolab.setup DEBUG [2220]: Setup DS stdout:
>>> 2012-08-15 19:08:30,391 pykolab.setup DEBUG [2220]: Creating directory
>>> server . . .
>>> Your new DS instance 'remote' was successfully created.
>>> Creating the configuration directory server . . .
>>> Error: failed to open an LDAP connection to host 'remote.airwerk.net'
>>> port '389' as user 'cn=Directory Manager'.  Error: unknown.
>> Here is a clue... though this is only stdout.
>>
>> Regrettably, the stdout output doesn't show the cause of the configuration
>> server failing to be bootstrapped.
>>
>> The rest of the output indicates to me that the processes completed
>> successfully, actually.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Jeroen van Meeuwen
>>
> OK, I'll try to work with this installation tomorrow, many thanks for
> your attention!
> Dirk
During setup-kolab, I had entered passwords for the specific parts of
kolab, but I did not notify any information about certificate generation
and I suspect they have not been created. The bootstrapping seems to
have been done partially. I can logon to kolab-webadmin, I have created
two users and logged into roundcubemail to try sharing their calendars.
This failed cause mails don't go through. Shall I reinstall, can I
provide more logging output? pykolab.log seems to be clean.