Kolab 3 and Clients

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Wed Aug 15 16:57:33 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 15 August 2012 16:36:12 Johannes Graumann wrote:
> 1) Is it correct that kontact as currently packaged by debian testing
> (4.4.11) is unable to properly connect to kolab 3 (due to the format
> upgrade)?

Yes, that's correct. You need at least Kontact from KDE 4.9. I'm waiting for
these packages myself for quite some time ;)

You should be able to use the old format with Kolab 3 Server as well, if I'm
not mistaken.

> 2) I was under the assumption that the ActiveSync providing mechanism
> changed in version 3 ... yet roundcubemail recommends to look at the
> z-push  dedicated pages of the kolab wiki ... is z-push still the
> mechanism used?

That's probably a mistake. Syncotron is used instead of z-push.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist