Kolab 2.3.4 - shared calendars not accessible

Dirk Werner dwerner at curiousbits.de
Wed Aug 8 15:51:04 CEST 2012

On 08/07/2012 04:04 PM, Dirk Werner wrote:
> On 08/07/2012 03:44 PM, Torsten Grote wrote:
>> On Tuesday 07 August 2012 15:37:44 Dirk Werner wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me one more time, to keep off fingers from 3.0alpha for
>>> prod. environment?
>> Depends on how pain resistent you and your users are ;)
>>
>> We actually would love some real world testing of kolab 3.0 alpha and since it
>> is a rolling release you would get all bug fixes right away. Maybe you can
>> install a test instance side-by-side to the production one and see how it
>> goes.
>>
>> But if bugs and failures are unacceptable, then Kolab 3.0 alpha is surely not
>> for you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Torsten
>>
> Hi Torsten,
> thanks for your reply!
> I like the idea of installing kolab 3.0 side-by-side. Since it's a
> machine behind a router in a local network, I have no clue at the
> moment, about how to forward the necessary ports on to two machines.
> I'll talk to my customer to see if they might be interested in taking
> the risks of an alpha version and gaining nice new features in a 'fresh'
> environment.
>
> Best regards,
> Dirk
I could convince my customer to go for 3.0alpha, switching from 2.3.4
openpkg - in a productive environment ... I'll setup the system, as
recommended, parallel to the current Kolab system running on kvm. Since
I've been using debian for fiveteen years, my experience about rpm based
distros is very low. So, the first question is - which underlying OS to
use, CentOS or Fedora? Could someone give me a hint in taking this decision?
Best regards
Dirk