New Kolab Client for Windows Package based on Kontact 4.8

Jochen May jochen at jmay.org
Wed Aug 8 10:10:36 CEST 2012

Hi all!
Nice to hear that windows is still supported... ;-)
Is there a particularly reason why kolab.org/kolabsys create a own fork of
kontact for windows instead of using the standard kde-windows-packages? I´m
just wondering if there is a special reason for this.
I use KDE for Windows with the actual Kontact for 8 or 9 month on my system
without any big trouble. To install kontact I run the kde-windows-installer
and select the packages for kde-pim. The only differences what I see, is that
the kde-windows kontact version have the UseNet client included.

Regards
Jochen May