New Kolab E5 Client Package for Windows

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Sep 9 17:01:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

We've finally put together a new release of KDE-Kontact, packaged
as the Kolab Client for Windows.

As usual you can find the release at:
http://files.kolab.org/local/windows/kolab-enterprise5/experimental/latest/

This Package contains the recently released KDE-Platform 4.7.1 and
KDEPIM 4.7.1

Additionally to all the goodness and quality improvements that went
into kdepim from 4.6 and 4.7 there is now again support for ldap
( e.g. for addressbook lookup on a kolab server ) available with
this Package. It is now also possible to have multiple running
clients in parallel on the same Windows System (with different
users).

Sadly, we had to disable Nepomuk and thus the full text search
and indexing in Kontact. As we are currently not able to
provide a functional Version of the redland libraries required
for an up to date soprano/nepomuk and decided to rather release
now instead of waiting even longer.

Note:
When updating please make sure to have all your kde applications
closed (either by relogging or using the full shutdown button in
Kontact) before uninstalling to avoid nasty side effects.

For more information please check:
http://wiki.kolab.org/Kontact_for_Windows_(Enterprise-5)

Enjoy,
Andre Heinecke