Problem installing Kolab 2.2.4 openPKG on fedora 14

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 13 09:31:09 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 12 October 2011 20:34:13 Christer Eriksson wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I tried to install Kolab 2.2.4 on a fedora 14 machine and got the following
> error

Is there any reason you are running an outdated version?

If you really want to go for the 2.2.x branch, please make sure to install all
packages from the 2.3 series that were marked as security updates. They should
install and work on 2.2 just fine without having to edit the configuration
files.

I built 2.3.4 on Fedora 15 x86_64 just fine two weeks ago before I released
it.

> """"
> checking for AOLserver support... no
> checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... no
> checking for Apache 1.x module support... no
> checking whether to enable Apache charset compatibility option... no
> checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no
> checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS...
>
> Sorry, I cannot run apxs.  Possible reasons follow:
>
> 1. Perl is not installed
> 2. apxs was not found. Try to pass the path using
> --with-apxs2=/path/to/apxs 3. Apache was not built using --enable-so (the
> apxs usage page is displayed)
>
> The output of /kolab/sbin/apxs follows:
> apxs:Error: Sorry, no shared object support for Apache.
> apxs:Error: available under your platform. Make sure.
> apxs:Error: the Apache module mod_so is compiled into.
> apxs:Error: your server binary `/kolab/sbin/apache'..
> configure: error: Aborting
> error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.67357 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.67357 (%build)
> /kolab/RPM/PKG now contains the installed packages.
> Previous contents were moved to /kolab/RPM/PKG.17790.22917.13237.6540
>
> """

More kontext would be helpful. Make sure you have the package groups
development-tools and development-libs installed.

You can also build a newer version of apache buy copying the SRPM into the
directory with the other RPMs and running "sh install-kolab -X" before the
compile.

Regards,
Christoph

--