Fresh install and import of old datas

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 6 20:03:47 CEST 2011

On Thursday 06 October 2011 17:53:00 kiser Caesar wrote:

> Today my kolab server runs in 2.2.2 and I want to run a 2.3.4 server :)
>
> [...]
>
> How can I copy my ldap directories to the new ?

You should convert the LDAP to the new format anyway, so you export them with
slapcat and import the ldif file again with slapadd. This is described in
1st.README.

> How can I sync my "/kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain" to the new ?

The spool has not changed, you can just copy or sync it to the new install,
e.g. with rsync.

However you need to check the format of mailboxes.db and annotations.db, it
was changed from berkeley to skiplist. If you have berkeley, you should edit
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template before you start the new
server. This is described in 1st.README, too.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert