Horde not able to preview email.

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 4 23:52:57 CEST 2011

On Monday 03 October 2011 23:51:52 Geoff Nordli wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org> wrote:
> > Quoting Geoff Nordli <geoffn at gnaa.net>:
> >> When I select a message in Horde, it doesn't preview it properly and
> >> gives me an error:
> >>
> >> "Your server is unable to render UTF-8 message. The preview won't
> >> work. Please contact your administrator."
[...]
> > This is the fix that went into 2.3.3 in order to deal with
> > https://issues.kolab.org/issue4743
[...]
> Hi Gunnar.
>
> I ran dpkg-reconfigure locales
>
> and it seems to be working properly.

For the record: This is already mentioned in 1st.README:

    - Your system (C library) has to support all languages you want to
      have available in the web admin interface, the web client and
      fbview. For most languages you have to use the non-UTF-8 and
      non-euro locales, i.e. de_DE, fr_FR, it_IT, nl_NL instead of
      e.g. de_DE at euro. For fbview some languages need a UTF-8 locale,
      e.g. ja_JP.UTF-8 for Japanese.  The web client needs UTF-8
      locale in addition to the non-UTF-8 ones in some situations.  So
      it's best to install all variants for every language which shall
      be supported.  See kolab/issue2732 (Horde and Web Admin
      Interface Language Selection depends on OS locale support) for
      details.

I think we'll need to update these instruction to also include the webclient.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert