Ldap changes with upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.4

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 15 18:37:23 CET 2011

On Tuesday 15 November 2011 18:06:15 John McMonagle wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2011 10:47:14 am Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > I'm sorry, this is a part I don't understand: You have several LDAP
> > servers but the Kolab-server is the master for all of them?
>
> Actually  kolab's ldap is disabled and I'm using slapd in the lenny host.
> Doctored up slapd.conf as required. It's a slave of the advocap master ldap
> server and it also acts as a master for kolab.

OK, this all makes sense. Our default config assumes that Kolab is a
standalone service, but as soon as you have several users of the LDAP, I
usually suggest to switch to another server and make Kolab a slave. That other
server is best provided by the distribution.

Future setup scripts will be more flexible to better integrate into existing
infrastructures.

Regards,
Christoph

--