Ldap changes with upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.4

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 15 17:47:14 CET 2011

On Monday 14 November 2011 21:04:09 John McMonagle wrote:
> I see there are some ldap changes in 2.3.
>
> In our installation kolab is just one of many usages of our ldap servers so
> any ldap changes will have to carefully worked out.
>
> On the kolab server the ldap server is a slave.

Hi John,

I'm sorry, this is a part I don't understand: You have several LDAP servers
but the Kolab-server is the master for all of them?

> I currently use ldap account manager not kolab admin to manage user
> accounts.
>
> Grepping through slapcat I seen no usage of c: or countryName:

Good.

> My dn fields look like this: dn: uid=johnm,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org
> Just have a small number of dn records like this DN:
> cn=abuse at advocap.org,dc=advocap,dc=org
>
> Already use syncrepl.
>
> Will I need to modify my ldap database?

No, you neither need the new CN (you are using different one anyway) nor are
you using the kolab-webadmin. I haven't worked with LDAP account manager but
AFAICS it should work just fine.

> Can I just copy in the new schema files?

Yes, make sure there are no conflicts and the syntax is compatible. Other than
that there is nothing you have to do.

Regards,
Christoph

--