Downgrading the 2.3.1(openpkg)-hosting Debian System?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri May 20 14:11:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

Background:
When setting up the vserver I rent, I decided in a typical "I got to much
time on my hands"-move to go with Debian testing rather than stable, as
proposed (and infact provided) by the hosting company. Now testing is
upgrading libc and as a result requires a kernel >=2.6.26, which the hosting
outfit won 't provide (yet) - we're at 2.6.18. As a result I'm stuck for all
upgrades of the underlying system and am looking how to remedy the
situation.

1) Please excuse the naiveté of this question, but is it possible to just
migrate an openpkg-compiled /kolab directory (and the corresponding
/etc/init.d/kolab file) from the existing testing to a "fresh" Debian Stable
instance?

2) If there is such a migration path: can that be combined with switching to
a *.deb based kolab infrastructure and is there a proper repository to
integrate into my /etc/apt/sources?

Thank you for any hint you might be able to give.

Cheers, Joh