webmail problem with kolab-2.3.1 and attachments

Otmar Stahl o.stahl at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 11 12:23:22 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 05/11/2011 06:17 AM, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> Zitat von Otmar Stahl <o.stahl at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After upgrading to kolab-2.3.1 (from 2.2.4), we have problems with the
>> horde webmail: Trying to open some mails with attachments, the browser
>> just seems to load forever, but nothing happens. This does not happen
>> for all mails with attachments, but most of them. No problems with mails
>> without attachments. When this happens, I see in the apache server logs
>> the following entry:
>>
>> "POST /client/dimp/imp.php/ShowPreview HTTP/1.1" 500 26
>>
>> I could not find any other error message, Does anybody have a similar
>> problem and do you have any idea how to debug this problem?
>
> Might this be connected to the size of the attachments?

So far, I could not find what is the reason why some mails can be opened
and others not. Size of the attachments is unlikely as the only cause: I
can open some mails with attachments of several MBs and fail with
attachments of 150 kB.  Also the type of attachments seems not relevant.
I can open some mails with a PDF attachment and fail with others. All
mails open without problem with imap and Thunderbird and other clients.
Only the horde webclient has problems.

> In any case I would suggest to open a ticket in bugzilla to follow up on this.

I wanted to do this, but do not get a confirmation mail back, if I want
to register, with several email accounts. Is there a bug with the
bugzilla? :-)

> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Kind regards,