best client for Mac OS X

DennisMail at gmx.net DennisMail at gmx.net
Tue Jun 21 10:50:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am sorry to some kind get into this discussion, but I also try to get connected to Mac OS X Server from other OS - and I would like to know if there is more experience here.

Generally, I am using SSL encryption on the Mac Server. This leads to no issues at all when we´re only talking about the mailserver. But what about the adress and calendar? I didn´t manage to get connected to them ; not with a single client from a Linux box nor from Windows.

Apple themselve say (for the calendar server) that it works as well with other clients: http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features/ical-server.html
 But they do not add with which one(s). I did not manage to get connected with Thunderbird and the plugin ; it somehow has to do with the SSL encryption.

Does anybody here have expierence with this? I´d also add my knowledge as well as everything I can provide via the Mac server.

Greets.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------