Sender address rejected: Access denied

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Sun Jul 24 10:19:05 CEST 2011

On Sunday 24 July 2011 09:47:26 Nicholas Moore wrote:
> "I have run postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd command."
>
> Try using the kolab version of postmap :
>
> /kolab/etc/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
>

> Nicholas
>
> On 24/07/11 09:20, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> > I have run postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd command.

If you use port 587 to send emails, postfix will check the sender address you use, and reject unknown addresses. Since you're trying to
send a message as csanyipal at stcable.net this will fail because your default addresses of the form <user>@csanyi-pal.info, which is your
local mail domain.

The solution is to add any sender addresses as aliases into your user profile. You can use the kolab web management interface to do
that. Once the addresses are known, you should be fine.

Cheers,

Paul