SMTP problem with 2.3.2

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Sun Jul 17 15:54:27 CEST 2011

Hi,
had the same issuem cause im not using bind_any config option.
if you're using the bind_any: FALSE (kolab.globals; the mailer listens
only to the bind_addr) you have to change a template file as follows:

1.) add that to the file
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-kolab-conf.template

right afer the ldap phppw section: ($conf['kolab']['ldap']['phppw'] =
'@@@php_pw@@@';)

$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = '@@@fqdnhostname@@@';

save the file.

2.) run kolabconf (will not reload anything)

Test smtp via webclient.

It works for me.

Rgds. Franz

Am 08.06.11 13:23, schrieb Nicholas Moore:
> I have just carried out a new install of 2.3.2 onto a 32 bit virtual
server, running OpenSuse 11.4. The installation executed without any
problems, as did the subsequent bootstrap.

> I created one user, and configured an imap account on Thunderbird,
running on the same server. I used the equivalent imap and smtp account
settings that are used to connect to our live Kolab 2.2.4 server.

> I attempted to send a message from Thunderbird but it failed to connect
to the smtp server.

> Logged onto webmail using Firefox and tried to send the same message
but received the following error message (horde.log attached):

> Failed to connect to loacalhost:587[SMTP:failed to connect
socket:Connection refused]

> There are no log entries in openladap, postfix or saslauthd.
>
> This is a vanilla installation, with no modifications, I am stumped,
any clues where to look would be appreciated.