a horde "home screen" question

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 9 13:53:28 CET 2011

Quoting "Bogomil \"Bogo\" Shopov" <shopov at kolabsys.com>:

> How I can get the settings for the initial screen only. I want to be
> able to set up some more block by default for every user and I need
> exact algorithm. What lines to use from .pref files
>
> How to get the "home screen" settings only?

The setting is called $prefs['portal_layout'].

You will find it in the /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/config/prefs.php file.

I don't know which Kolab server version you refer to but it is likely
that there is a
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-config_prefs.php.template file on
your system.

Set any configuration for $prefs['portal_layout'] in this file rather
than the default prefs.php in /kolab/var/kolab/www/client. That way
they are kept during the next server upgrade.

The value of $prefs['portal_layout'] is complex as it is a serialized
PHP array. It should however be easy to extract the required settings
from another user.

Arrange the portal screen to the layout you desire for one user
acoount. Assuming this is the user "user at example.com" you should then
have the users preference information at
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/storage/user at example.com.prefs.

Extract the value by running:

kolab/bin/php -d safe_mode=0 -r '$a =
unserialize(file_get_contents("/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/storage/user at example.com.prefs"));print
$a["horde"]["portal_layout"]["v"];'

Cheers,

Gunnar

> --
>
> Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov
> Senior Web Engineer
>

> Kolab Systems AG
> Zürich, Switzerland
>
> e: shopov at kolabsys.com
> t: +359 888 098 768
> w: http://kolabsys.com
>
> blog: http://talkweb.eu
>
> pgp: E69A226A Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg