Horde 4 News: Horde 4 / Kolab road map update

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Feb 8 13:32:09 CET 2011

Quoting Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:

> Hi,
>
> we don't really have the time just now to set up and test on a
> non-production server, but we'd like to both see Horde 4 and help with some
> bug reports.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to set up Horde 4 alongside an existing
> standard install (on the same or different web server) and just show it to
> a small number of brave users?

This provides the necessary instructions:

http://log.pardus.de/2010/12/early-horde4-release-for-kolab-server.html

This was the first test release and it only contained the mail part.
It should work fine if you just install it on your current Kolab
server. If you use a master/slave approach it might be necessary to
hardcode the master server in the configuration of the mail application.

Another approach would be to use a debian server. Very, very early
draft packages are here:
http://files.pardus.de/horde4-debian-20110130/ (for the README scroll
below). This is the full groupware stack but it only works with the
MySQL backend. As mentioned above I'm still very busy hacking on the
Kolab backend.

Any feedback on either methods of getting a sneek peek on Horde 4 is
appreciated!

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Gavin
>

> --
> Gavin McCullagh
> Senior System Administrator
> IT Services
> Griffith College
> South Circular Road
> Dublin 8
> Ireland
> Tel: +353 1 4163365
> http://www.gcd.ie
> http://www.gcd.ie/brochure.pdf
> http://www.gcd.ie/opendays
> http://www.gcd.ie/ebrochure
>
> This E-mail is from Griffith College.
> The E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
> privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
> to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee you are prohibited
> from disclosing its content, copying it or distributing it otherwise than to
> the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
> notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your
> computer.
>
> Bellerophon Ltd, trades as Griffith College (registered in Ireland No.
> 60469) with its registered address as Griffith College Campus, South
> Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg