Kolab 2.3.4 doesn't compile on Slackware 13.37

Mike Höhn mike at hinck-und-hoehn.de
Sat Dec 31 14:36:15 CET 2011

Thanks for the hints. I have found the problem and it was a rather stupid one.

I should have checked the integrity of all files like described in 1st.README
earlier. This revealed that openpkg-20071227-20071227_kolab2.src.sh wasn't ok.

I'm sure the reason is that I downloaded all files with FileZilla and had set
transfer type to auto. The result was that the file was somehow translated,
because FileZilla thought it was an ASCII-only shell-script, but actually this
script contains some binary data as well.

After downloading it again with transfer type set to binary it passed the
integrity check and Kolab compiled without problems.

Mike

--
Hinck & Höhn GbR
Kai Hinck & Mike Höhn