Compiling MySQL into self compiled Kolab 2.3.4

Christian Jantz christian.jantz at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:37:29 CET 2011

Hello,

I am in the need to install MySQL to my Kolab server because of I want
to use the same server for OTRS.
Regarding to the Kolab wiki this is possible but I am stuck in the
install MySQL section.

It says I need to compile MySQL, recompile apache and php, then just
install OTRS.

But while trying to compile MySQL, I get the following error:
Installing mysql-5.1.58-20111004.src.rpm
error: Failed build dependencies:
     openpkg >= 20100101 is needed by mysql-5.1.58-20111004

Is there any way to update openpkg to the version needed or does anyone
know a workaround?

Best,
Christian Jantz