Windows-Client Kontact E5RC

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Aug 11 09:43:42 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am Samstag 06 August 2011 20:19:47 schrieb Johannes Kehrer:
> Hello,
> I installed the latest Release Candiated of the Kontact for Windows.
> Installation works fine, but when I start Kontact, the following error
> message appears and shuts down.
Just to clarify (the branding there is not so good and we won't use it in
future releases that way) RC stands for "Rough Cut" and not Release
Candidate. :) Sorry for the confusion.

> "KMail encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
> The error was: Failed to fetch the resource collection."
Ok this is bad, did you already install Kontact From an old version (With a
release date < 2011) ?

Your best bet is to ensure that everything is shut down (e.g. by logging out
and logging in again) and then to delete your configuration (documented at:
http://wiki.kolab.org/Kontact_for_Windows_(Enterprise-5)#Delete_all_configuration )

> Also, in the taskmanager I can see 10 ! processes of akonadi. Is this
> correct?
You mean processes that akonadi_ right?
Akonadi uses several processes this is normal, although a bit "untypical" for
Windows.

Regards,
Andre

--