what are the correct magic_quotes settings in Kolab

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Fri Sep 3 21:35:58 CEST 2010

On Friday 03 September 2010 15:24:01 Alex Potter wrote:
> On Friday 03 September 2010 09:48:09 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > I admit I thought that the fixes in the kolab-webadmin and the
> > associated php.ini setting went into 2.2.4 but CVS tells me that this
> > already happened for 2.2.3.
>
> I don't have the magic_quotes entry in php.ini.template on my live server.
> It's 2.2x, installed from , and upgraded each new release, from sources.
> It's also a 64-bit system.

The most important question for me is: Do you or Gavin have any *.new or *old
files around in /kolab/etc?

During an update, rpm (and openpkg) ether replace a config file (while saving
the old file as foo.conf.old) or leave it in place and install the new config
file as foo.conf.new. Whether or not files are replace depends on the package,
if the files are marked %config or %config(noreplace). If a config file was
not changed and exactly matches the version that was installed, it will be
replaced ether way.

Generally it's saver to use noreplace to not break the users systems, but on
the other hand it requires them to take some manual action in order to apply
all configuration changes.

> I've a spare box (i386),  and time on my hands at the moment, if you'd like
> me to test anything?

This being said I think you could test an upgrade say from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 or
2.2.4 and look for *.old and *.new files and see whether the changes get
applied once you have manually moved them. Make sure to use the webadmin or
something to make changes to the config file before you do the update.

Thanks a lot,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert