what are the correct magic_quotes settings in Kolab

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Thu Sep 2 09:48:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> Hm, that is weird. Are you running on Kolab Server 2.2.4?

Yes.  Can I ask if someone here can reproduce this, just so I know it's not
a mistake I've made in config somewhere?  Just try and add someone with the
surname O'Reilly.

What I actually observe is:

1. Create a user with surname with ' in it succeeds without error in web
   admin.  I created "Gav O'Really" for testing just now.
2. Find that user in the list.  You'll notice it displays as
	O\'Really, Gav
3. Click on modify on that user.  That results in this error:
	LDAP Error: No such dn: cn=Gav O\\5C\'Really,dc=....: Invalid DN syntax
4. A similar error in apache/php/php-errors.log:
 	[02-Sep-2010 08:36:47] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: Invalid DN syntax in /kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
5. If I look at the ldap database using ldapvi or slapcat I see escape
   characters in cn and sn:
	cn=Gav O\\5C'Really,dc=.....
	objectClass: top
	objectClass: inetOrgPerson
	objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
	sn: O\'Really
	cn: Gav O\'Really
	givenName: Gav
	userPassword: {SSHA}....

I'm creating a new issue now.

> This was touched in 2.2.4 and HEAD:
>
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/templates/php.ini.template.in.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/templates/php.ini.template.in.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.7.2.1

I'll have a read of these, thanks.

We first installed 2.2.3 and I'm pretty certain I edited a bunch of people
with apostrophes in their names (our old kolab v1 had a similar problem so
we had users with it left out).  I get the impression (though I'm not
honestly certain) this has appeared in v2.2.4.

> See also the associated issues from the log commit messages:
>
>          kolab/issue919 (kolab server has problems with some characters in
>          passwords)
>
>          kolab/issue1880 (Poor handling of apostrophes in ldap and admin
>          webpages)
>
>          kolab/issue3654 (Special character issue in Kolab web
>          interface (e.g. vacation message))
>
>          kolab/issue3499 (creating/modifying users with special characters
>          in name confuses web admin)

Thanks, I'll have a read of those too.

Gavin