Kronolith and nag are dead slow

Alexander Gran alexg at moduleworks.com
Sat Oct 30 19:51:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Hm, the debugging capabilities of the current
Kolab_Storage handler in
> the web client are not that great. You could try to
log the IMAP
> traffic when the user accesses Kronolith.

I just had a look by activating transaction logging.
It's actually the time to fetch all entries.
I then tried to use fetchmail (using a dummy mda that
delivers to devnull) to make sure its no horde issue.
But fetchmail also needs 42s to get all 1103 "mails".

Any idea how to speed that up?

The system is idle, the messages should easily fit into
the block cache, and its loopback network, so this
should be no hardware issue.
CPU load of both fetchmail and cyrus 0-1%, System load
is 0.02

regards
Alex

--

Visit ModuleWorks at:

Euromold 2010, 01.12 - 04.12 - Frankfurt, Hall 11.0
E102

Dipl. Inform. Alexander Gran, MBA
alexg at moduleworks.com
http://www.moduleworks.com
SkypeID: mw_alexg
M: +49(0)163/5598933

ModuleWorks GmbH
Ritterstraße 12a
52072 Aachen
HRB 11871
Amtsgericht Aachen
Geschäftsführer Yavuz Murtezaoglu

This message is for the designated recipient only and
may contain
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private
information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately
and delete the original.
Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.