OpenPKG-Fetchmail

Alvin info at alvin.be
Wed Oct 27 17:02:59 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 14:16:09 Sven Gehr wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 27. Oktober 2010, 12:28:38 schrieb Alvin:
> > On Wednesday 27 October 2010 11:36:10 Sven Gehr wrote:
> > > I want install fetchmail to fetch mail from my webserver an deliver it
> > > to my kolab-server. I read the wiki an create an account on the
> > > openpkg-website.
> > >
> > > and try:
> > > :~# wget
> > >
> > > [...]
> >
> > I believe you can no longer use openpkg for that. Use the
> > fetchmail/getmail package from your distribution. I use Ubuntu's
> > fetchmail and it works well.
>
> I install fetchmail an configure it
>
> /etc/default/fetchmail:
>
> [...]
> START_DAEMON=yes
>
> an /etc/fetchmailrc:
>

> set daemon        60
> set syslog
> set postmaster  root
>
> set no bouncemail
>
> defaults:
> timeout 300
> antispam -1
> batchlimit 100
>
> poll mail.mydomain.de protocol pop3 username "user at mydomain.de" password
> "secret" is "username" here keep
>
> and start the daemon with:
> /etc/init.d/fetchmail start
> In my logfile I see fetchmail is get mails from the server:
>
> [...]
> Oct 27 12:14:14 mx fetchmail[8992]: 4 Nachrichten (4 gesehene) für
> mailingliste at dreampixel.de bei mail.mydomin.de (14927 Bytes).
>
> but th mails ar not deliver to the kolab (postfix/cyrus)
> what's wrong?

I don't see anything wrong, but I'm no fetchmail expert. What I use is:

  defaults
  no dns
  envelope Delivered-To:
  set postmaster "postmaster at domain.be"
  poll mail.remotedomain.be
  proto pop3
  user "remoteuser"
  pass "secret"
  to localuser at localdomain
  fetchall

I use crontab and no daemon, but that shouldn't make any difference.

--
Alvin