connect to LDAP with Apache Directory Studio

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Sun Oct 24 22:09:37 CEST 2010

> Hi at all,
>
> I try to connect to my new-kolab with the eclipse-plugin "Apache Directory
> Studio" with this parameter:
>
> authentication-method: simple
> bind-dn: cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=gehr,dc=edv
> pass: [my pass]
>
> LDAP: error code 49 Invalid Credentials
>
> The ldap-server ist up and running:
>
> netstat -l -n -p | grep 389
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:389             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
> 19674/slapd
>
> and the login as manager/pass in the webadmin works.

Hard to say without having a log of the client you are using. In
general external LDAP clients usually work just fine. If your client
does have no way of providing you with additional information about
the connection problem you could try to increase logging on the LDAP
server side (see the Wiki -> "Troubleshooting" -> "LDAP").

Cheers,

Gunnar

> How can I connect to the ldap server with an external ldap-browser?
>

> --
> Viele Grüße
>
> Sven Gehr
> Mailclient: Linux/K-Mail