New z-push packages available

Fri Oct 22 09:03:30 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 13. September 2010, 19:31:29 schrieb Christoph Wickert:

> there have been continuous updates for the z-push testing packages and I
> didn't bother to announce all of them. But this time things are a little
> different. With z-push 1.5beta1 we now have the first relicensed packages
> available!
> A lot of code has been rewritten in order to avoid patent issues in the US
> and therefor several changes in kolab-z-push were required. Alain has been
> working on this for some time and he managed to get everything working
> again.
> Please test the packages from the usual place at
>     http://files.kolab.org/incoming/wickert/z-push-testing/ix86-debian5.0/
> The new packages (z-push 1.5 and kolab-z-push 0.6.4) are in the 'unstable'
> folder. Of course you will still need PEAR-Kolab_Zpush and kolab-webclient
> too, but as both haven't changed for some time, most testers should already
> have them installed.
> We know the code is far from perfect and we cannot guarantee that it works
> with all devices, but as the z-push new code is the future, we will focus
> our development on the 1.5 series.
> Please help me getting the new packages tested, so I stop calling them
> 'unstable' ASAP.

ok, I install z-push corresponding the readme. The test-link:

http://mx.gehr.edv/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

works I can login with my user/pass

In the wiki I found the note:

* How to select the folders who must be synchronized *
* With Horde Interface (kolab 2.2.4) *
* you can choose, by folder if you want to synchronize the folder or not  *

but I can't find this in the webclient. I found a new menu in the settings
like "syncml" but there is nothing to adjust.

I do a test with my handy with ms-exchange-connector (AktiveSync) with this
settings:

Exchange-Server: mx.gehr.edv (FQHN of the system in lan)
Username: sven at gehr-edv.de (my kolab-uid is 'sven' )
Pass: mypass
domäne: gehr-edv.de (the external maildomain???)

When I start the sync the handy show me:

systemerror ... pleas try again later

Is there a logfile on the kolab where can I look?

--
Viele Grüße

Sven Gehr
Mailclient: Linux/K-Mail