Installing kolab on ARM

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Sun Oct 10 22:19:31 CEST 2010

> Am Mittwoch 29 September 2010, 23:55:23 schrieb Frank Gau:
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 09:08:15PM +0200, Helmut Pozimski wrote:
>> > mkdir .libs
>> > libtool: link: cannot build libtool library `librpmdb.la' from
>> > make[3]: *** [librpmdb.la] Error 1
>> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openpkg-20071227/rpm-4.2.1/rpmdb'
>> > make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
>> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openpkg-20071227/rpm-4.2.1/rpmdb'
>> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openpkg-20071227/rpm-4.2.1'
>> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>> > + exit 2
>> >
>> > My build system is the armel release of Debian squeeze. Are you aware of
>> > this issue and is there any way to work around it or a patch that helps
>> > the building to succeed?
>> If you have sorted out that issues, then i will try it on my
>> freerunner ;)
> While searching for possible solutions I found that there is a
> bugreport filed
> over a year ago which hasn't been solved yet.

Can you provide the link to the bug report? Is it one of ours on
issues.kolab.org?

I admit ARM is not our primary platform so chances are that there are
a few problems that need to be solved.

If the issue is an upstream issue however than I guess I also won't be
able to help you now.

> Other similiar errors seemed to
> relate to outdated versions of libtool but compiling fails for me even after
> installing the latest version manually from gnu.org.

How did yo do that exactly?

Cheers,

Gunnar

--