Kronolith and nag are dead slow

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Mon Nov 8 11:13:47 CET 2010

Zitat von Alexander Gran <alexg at moduleworks.com>:

>> > Am I right that the server needs 12 seconds to process
>> > the folder list? It is the same with 1288561257 until
>> > 1288561268.
>> >
>> > 1288561311 are new logins 1288561371.
>> >
>> > Do I have a chance to get timing data from horde, too?
>>
>> I don't think this is necessary as I can assure you that this is a
>> known limitation. The folder list is not cached between sessions and
>> fetching the annotations is currently inefficient because of the PHP
>> IMAP patch we use. This annotation fetching is something I will fix
>> with Horde4. I could probably work around the issue with some caching
>> in Horde3 but so far there was not enough interest in getting this
>> corrected.
>
> Hm, any chance that I can help? Actually it processes the list also when I go
> a week forward in the calendar view.

That is something it shouldn't do. The list should be cached in the
session. Then we'd need to identify why this does not happen. Can you
open an issue in our tracker so we can take it from there?

> The user currently has access to 2500 folders, but this should be managable?

The login would probably be very slow and painful. But after that it
should be okay.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> regards
> Alex
>

> --
>
> Visit ModuleWorks at:
>
> Euromold 2010, 01.12 - 04.12 - Frankfurt, Hall 11.0 E102
>
> Dipl. Inform. Alexander Gran, MBA
> alexg at moduleworks.com
> http://www.moduleworks.com
> SkypeID: mw_alexg
> M: +49(0)163/5598933
>
> ModuleWorks GmbH
> Ritterstraße 12a
> 52072 Aachen
> HRB 11871
> Amtsgericht Aachen
> Geschäftsführer Yavuz Murtezaoglu

> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
> If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
> and delete the original.
> Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Gunnar Wrobel
Developer, Kolab Systems AG

e: wrobel at kolabsys.com
t: +49 700 6245 0000