SPAM Filter question

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Fri May 14 07:31:11 CEST 2010

>  On 2010-05-12 21:49, Christian Tardif wrote:
>> The sieve filter is then set to:
>>
>> if header :value "ge" :comparator "i;ascii-numeric" "X-Spam-Score"
>> ["9.2"] {
>>   fileinfo "INBOX/Spam";
>>   stop;
>> }
>
> Ouch! HUGE bug in this sieve script...  it seems that the
> ascii-numeric comparison does not handle negative numbers....  Since
> the installation of this script, anything which is lower than -6.3
> (6.3 is my target) is rejected as SPAM, since its conterpart, 6.3, is
> higher or equal to my target....  is this the Kolab-cyrus
> implementation of sieve which is bad, or any cyrus-imap implementation?

I think I found out. This is a Horde problem (found it in
bugs.horde.org) (well, to be prefectly honnest, it's a sieve bug, which
simply can't compare with negative numbers...  but the good thing is
that there's a fix.

I installed the patch on my server, and will let night mails come in to
see how things are going on.  Will let you know for sure.

--

Christian Tardif