How to combine kolab and posix groups

Alexander Gran alexg at moduleworks.com
Mon May 3 21:48:05 CEST 2010

Hi Christian,

any news on the issue? I just had to realize that cyrus gets its group info
from /etc/imapd.group which in turn is created by kolabconf and
/usr/share/perl5/Kolab/Conf.pm. Did you change that file, too?

regards
Alex

Am Dienstag 27 April 2010 15:46:39 schrieb Christian Rößler:
> Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
> >> As far as I understood ldap, you cannot combine that with the posixGroup
> >> schema. Both are structural.
> >
> > Correct. You can't combine them. In fact I would say you should not even
> > try do that.
> > I do not deny that there may be a mapping. But that mapping cannot be
> > defined by simply merging the two object types. I'm interested to read
> > about how Christian solved this problem.
>
> Well, I got permission from my company to publish my work on Kolab, and
> this encompasses (of course) my posixGroup extension (called
> companionGroup), and also some other nice things like an user archiver
> (to disable users, but keep them stored with the possibility to
> re-enable them). These extension revolve around some bash, two own ldap
> schemata and a 'hacked' user.php.
>
> I will bring these extensions to the kolab wiki in the next few days. I
> will give notice then.
>
> Best regards, Christian

Dipl. Inform. Alexander Gran, MBA
alexg at moduleworks.com
http://www.moduleworks.com
SkypeID: mw_alexg
M: +49(0)163/5598933

ModuleWorks GmbH
Ritterstraße 12a
52072 Aachen
HRB 11871
Amtsgericht Aachen
Geschäftsführer Yavuz Murtezaoglu

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.
Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.